The trial advocacy skills of Roy Scaffidi are well-known, whether it be for injured victims of medical malpractice or negligence, or for those involved in matters of a commercial or corporate nature. Over the years, Roy Scaffidi has been repeatedly recognized by his peers as one of the pre-eminent trial attorneys in New York. He has an AV rating from Martindale-Hubbell in both skill and ethics, which is the highest such rating available to any individual lawyer, and he has been named in “The Best Lawyers in America”, “New York Area’s Best Lawyers”, and the nationally recognized “Super Lawyers” publications. He is also a member of the exclusive invitation-only American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA). Roy’s outstanding credentials and glowing reputation are well-earned. He has obtained more than half a billion dollars for his clients over the course of his career. Because he is one of the top trial attorneys in New York, clients clamor for his services. Roy has litigated cases throughout the tri-state area, securing verdicts and protecting his clients in New York, Connecticut, and New Jersey.
A graduate of both Fordham University and Fordham Law School, Roy Scaffidi began his legal career representing corporations, physicians, hospitals, and their insurance companies. Though he was quite successful, he was not satisfied. He realized that his passion and talents could be better utilized by serving the unfortunate victims of acts of negligence and malpractice who, through no fault of their own, have had their lives made substantially more challenging.
Today, he does just that. He uses an unparalleled knowledge of medicine, thorough investigation and preparation, and the unique insight he has into the strategies and techniques relied upon by the defense bar, to craft strong arguments that advance his clients’ interests in the courtroom and at the negotiating table. While Mr. Scaffidi’s results speak for themselves, he is perhaps most humbled by and proud of the countless referrals he has received from defense attorneys and former clients.
Bar & Court Admissions
- New York State Courts
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States District Court for the District of Connecticut
- Fordham Law School
- Fordham University, B.S., beta gamma sigma
- Served on the Board of Trustees of the St. Luke’s School
- Presented lectures to other attorneys on trial practice and strategies
- Served on various Medical Malpractice Mediation Panels
- Member, New York State Trial Lawyers Association
- Member, New York State Bar Association
- Member, American Association for Justice
- The Best Lawyers in America
- New York Area’s Best Lawyers
- Life Fellow of the American Board of Trial Advocates
- AV Rating from Martindale-Hubbell
- National Register’s Who’s Who in Executives & Professionals
- Lawyers of Distinction
- The National Trial Lawyers Top 100
- Lawyers of Distinction